Friday, September 26, 2014

Re: Amazing News

I'm crossing my fingers for you!  This is awesome, and you should be very proud to have gotten this far!  Congratulations and best of luck with this adventure . . . it's good to hear that you're giving your all and going for the brass ring.  

Are you in Alaska for good, or is this a temporary stop off?  I'm leaving Saudi Arabia after this year (mandatory age limit retirement), and am hunting for a school for next year.  If you hear of any counseling openings in good schools, let me know . . . 

Thanks for sharing your great news, and, again, best of luck!

Diane

On Thu, Sep 25, 2014 at 6:47 AM, Lee Ann Miracle <lamilagra@gmail.com> wrote:
Last spring someone in the math department in my district nominated me for the Presidential Award for Excellence in the Teaching of Math and Science. My application entailed teaching a math lesson that was filmed continuously (no cuts) and then writing about it. That sounds pretty easy until you put first graders into the equation (no pun intended). I taped math lessons for almost a month. All I wanted was something where the kids didn't knock over the camera and accidentally turn it off so that I could write about a whole lesson. That happened at the eleventh hour.

I just found out today that I am a state finalist. I'm not sure how many teachers are state finalists in Alaska. The next step is for two state finalists to be chosen as national finalists. Wish me luck!

Lee Ann

No comments: